Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed & Shred



I purchased this DVD last week.  I have been through the 30 Day Shred and the Ripped in 30, and I have tried 6 Week 6 Pack and Killer Buns And Thighs.  Extreme Shed & Shred is TOTALLY different from the other titles I mentioned.


I have only done this DVD for 2 days.  Yesterday I did level 1 and today I attempted level 1&2.  When I was done with level 1 yesterday I felt like it didn't do anything for me.  And then I woke up this morning all kinds of sore.  So my bright idea today was to do level 1&2 together. This DVD mixes all kinds of things together-some strength training, cardio, kickboxing, Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu, and yoga. And let me tell you, today kicked my butt.  There are some crazy moves in level 2 that made me just stop and stare at the screen.  I have a neck/shoulder/arm issue and I'm not even sure I can do some of the moves.  I tried to power through and do what I could, but I'd say out of the about hour and a half workout, I skipped through maybe 10-15 minutes of it.

I got VERY frustrated with my workout today. So much so that I may or may not have yelled some not so nice words at the TV. More than once. If you are an avid fitness person I recommend trying this DVD.  If you are looking for somewhere to start, to break into working out, this is not the way to go.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you, but please, don't spam or link-drop. Have a great day and do come again!