Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gradient hair

I have had a pink underlayer for about a year and a half.  I love it.  That's how people know/remember me.  I always hear "I love your pink hair!".  Lately I have noticed  (around here anyway) pink hair is becoming a trend and people are popping up with it.  As much as I love my pink hair I decided I had to change it, do something so it was different, and not just pink hair.  I decided to try a gradient look.  And I am LOVING how it turned out!

Here is how my process started, and the items I needed to do this-
At the top left you see my Special Effects Atomic Pink (mixed with the Tresemme conditioner).  I mix my dye with conditioner for 2 reasons: 1) it helps you use less product, and 2) it aids in not staining your tub/sink.  The little bowl is Atomic Pink and Pimpin Purple mixed, with a little conditioner in it as well.  I started with plain Atomic Pink up top, moved on to my mix about half down, and then used plain old Pimpin Purple on the ends.  I did not mix Pimpin Purple with conditioner but I should have! I almost permanently stained my tub. 

Here is everything in my hair-
At this point I was a little upset because it didn't look like it was going to turn out well.  It did though!

I absolutely LOVE the way it came out!  I still have my pink, but now I have some pretty kick-ass purple too.  And it was so easy to do.  Thinking about it was actually harder than doing it.




2 comments:

  1. This is so cute I love it :) I ts awesome you were able to do it yourself too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was nervous to do it myself, but it was way easier than I thought.

      Delete

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you, but please, don't spam or link-drop. Have a great day and do come again!