Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Women Connect '12:What I Love About My Husband

 
Kristen over at http://www.amodernmrs.com/ did a little blog tag type thing that she had seen on another blog (you can click above to visit there) and considering the topic, I thought it might be nice to do it, too.
 
I have a very long history with my husband (his name is Jack).  It's a little Jerry Springer-ish.  I met my husband through my first husband while we were married.  They are step-brothers.  My ex's mother is married to my Jack's father.  Are you still with me?  We met 18 years ago and the first time I saw him I knew there was something there.  But, I was married, and I went on, living my life.  I got married for the first time very young, right before my 17th birthday.  It wasn't meant to be and after 5 years of together, then apart, then together, then apart, I was done.  He moved out and I was ready to move on.
 
While I was at work one night Jack called and asked me to a movie.  Of course I accepted, and pretty much from that night on we have been together.  We've been through a lot together and he has always been my rock.
 
Jack backs me on everything, and is there for whatever I want to do.  He is a "doesn't take shit from anyone" kind of guy.  He stands for what he believes in, he does not back down for what he believes, and he will call you on anything he thinks isn't right.  He cracks me up (we have the kind of sense of humor not everyone understands).  He is honest. He is a SUPER hard worker.  For 5 years he worked a full time job and a part time job.  Just recently he was able to quit the part time job.  (He wanted me to be a SAHM so we could raise our kids).  He is very smart (although he will deny that) and has a lot of handy skills we've been able to put to use around the house.  He's strong.  He makes me feel safe.  And of course I find him incredibly handsome!  He's a good father.  He does whatever he can to help someone when they need it.  I couldn't tell you how many furnaces and cars he's fixed for other people.  We have this connection that isn't able to be described by words, but it's this unbreakable bond that at times is almost somewhat creepy.  We think the same things at the same times, and we even say the same things at the same time.  I can't imagine my life without him.  I love him with everything I am and all that I have and am proud to call him my husband!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining in! You know I have to ask.... are family functions awkward?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't really have family functions. We live right down the street from Jack's dad so if there is something, we can make it there and be gone before anyone else shows up.

      Delete
    2. Gotcha. I hate that Blogger doesn't notify you of a reply unless you subscribe to ALL comments. >.<

      Delete
    3. I was wondering about that-whether you'd see my reply. That stinks. :(

      Delete

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you, but please, don't spam or link-drop. Have a great day and do come again!