Thursday, January 5, 2012

My rib knit cabbie hat



A couple months ago I purchased a black rib knit cabbie hat. I'm not really much of a hat wearer, but I saw Samantha Schuerman try the same hat on in one of her vlogs, and I thought it was really cute.  When I picked mine up I had already decided I wanted to make some changes to the hat.  Unfortunately I deleted the pictures of my hat, so this is a stock photo from the review page on Walmart's website:
Women's Rib Knit Cabbie Hat
Sorry the picture is so small, but this is the exact same hat I have.  (These are no longer available for purchase online, but may still be in-store.)  I thought the crystals on the side of the hat were cute, but I wanted to replace them with something that matched my coat, gloves, and scarf.  All of those items are black and turquoise. I ended up buying a pack of turquoise buttons from the sewing aisle of Walmart.  They were of various sizes and some had polka dots while others had stripes.  I removed the clear crystals and added 3 buttons on each side.  Here is what my hat looks like now-I also threw my scarf on cause it's cool! :)


Like I said, I'm not a hat person. I feel like they make my nose look huge. I haven't worn this out of the house yet!  We are supposed to go walking this weekend and it's going to be pretty chilly, so I think I will wear it then!


2 comments:

  1. I love the hat!! The buttons match perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had originally wanted one oversized button for each side, but I liked theses when I found them. If I come across something I like better I'll probably change it. I just used embroidery floss to sort of sew the buttons on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you, but please, don't spam or link-drop. Have a great day and do come again!