Friday, December 30, 2011

FOTD


I thought I'd do a FOTD post today. When I gathered all the products I used so I could take a picture, it was a little overwhelming seeing them all together. It seems like a LOT. I'm not the best photographer, and I don't seem to photograph well, but here's the look I'm sporting today.

I know this second one is a luttle blurry, but I like it better. :)  Now for all the products I used-
These aren't arranged by the order I apply them, but I'm going to list them that way. I start off with my Lacura foundation in Transparent, which I apply with one of the flat top Elf powder brushes (slightly damp). Then I use my Maybelline Super Stay concealer in Ivory where it's needed. I used a tiny bit of the Coty Airspun powder, just to set things under my eyes, across my cheeks, and the tip of my nose and chin. Today I grabbed Wet N Wild's mineral blush in Purely Mauve and applied that with the 2nd flat top Elf powder brush. Threw some of the Elf clear gel in my brows, and some of the LA Splash shadow base/sealer on my lids (it's the very last thing on the right).  The main palette I used for my eyes is the LA Colors one. Here's a closeup with better lighting-
I purchased this at Dollar Tree probably 2 years ago. I have I think 6 of these palettes. For $1 I can't believe the pigmentation. It's incredible!

After I slapped on 4 of the colors in the LA Colors I palette I used the top right shade from I ♥ Matte to blend, the top left shade for a highlight and slapped on some black liner and mascara. I've been using Urban Decay's Zero on my top lashline and a waterproof Rimmel liner on my waterline (which never stays so I don't know why I use it). I usually never layer mascaras, but today I did a sweep of Rimmel Wow Lash and then a coat of L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes (but for some odd reason I grabbed the Rimmel Volume Accelerator for the picture).  I'm not much of a lip product wearer, which sounds odd considering I have probably at LEAST 100 lip products. Seriously.  Most of the time I just have Blistex Lip Medex on my lips (in the blue pot).

That's it for my FOTD.  Seeing it all and typing it all out seems like a LOT of products to me. I guess since I grab a few things at a time while I'm doing my makeup I never realized how many things I actually use every day. How about you? Do you use a lot of products daily when doing your makeup?

2 comments:

  1. I think you photograph fine and it is nice to see you up close. I like this look on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I wear pinks a LOT, I think they go well with my eyes. I don't even know what color my eyes are! lol They're a mix of blue and green and I can never tell what I see more. They used to just be blue when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you, but please, don't spam or link-drop. Have a great day and do come again!