Thursday, December 29, 2011

My 2 week old manicure

On either December 15th or 16th I did my nails. I haven't had to do them again since. I have NEVER had a manicure last this long. I usually get 5 or 6 days out of one and then it's all chippy and time to change it. I'm sure this is just some kind of freak thing, and it will probably never happen again. First, let me show you what products I used.
I always use Sally Hansen Double Duty Stregthening Base and Top Coat as my base coat. Next I applied one coat of Zoya Dove. After that I applied one coat of Wet N Wild Spoiled Shuffle The Deck, and then immediately applied Seche Vite.  And this is what my nails look like today, 2 weeks later.

This is my left hand. You can see I messed up a little on the middle and ring fingers when I applied the top coat, but I have done NO touchups on this in the 2 weeks I've been wearing it.

This is my right hand. Again, no touchups. Taking a picture of your right hand with your left hand when you're right-handed is very interesting!

The only chip that I really have is this one, on the corner of my right thumbnail:

Normally Zoya pretty much just chips right off on me. I'm lucky if I can go 12-24 hours before that happens. For this to last 2 weeks is amazing to me.  Of course with New Year's coming up I want to change my polish to something blingtastic, but I'm curious if I were to leave this on, how long would it be before I HAD to change it?

2 comments:

  1. Are you normally rough on your hands (opening things, dishes, etc.)? I'm curious because I may have to pick this basecoat up PRONTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not super rough on my hands, but I don't baby them either. I don't think it's the base coat, I think it's the Wet N Wild. I think it locked everything in. If I remember correctly there is a clear in the Spoiled line. I think I may try to hunt a bottle down and see if that's what it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you, but please, don't spam or link-drop. Have a great day and do come again!