Tuesday, June 12, 2012

LA Colors eyshadow swatches

A few years ago most of the shadows I used were LA Colors.  I have all of the 6 pan palettes you can find at Dollar Tree.  For such a low price most of them are nicely pigmented.  I hadn't really been using them for a while, and then I saw an ad in Cosmopolitan magazine.  The trio they had used on the model was called Forget-me-not and the look was gorgeous.  With that picture seared into my brain I went looking for the trio.  I checked I don't know how many Dollar Trees, Family Dollars, Five Below, Roses, and Dollar Generals.  I never did find that trio, but I did pick up some other trios, as well as the 5 pan palettes.  Since LA Colors isn't a brand you really ever hear a lot about I thought I'd share some swatches with you.  All of these swatches are on bare skin.  Thank you to my daughter for volunteering her arm!

Peony
The blue in this trio is not pigmented at all.  The pink and yellow aren't bad and can definitely be built up.

Water Lily
These are pretty decently pigmented and such pretty pastel shades.

Iris
Again not super pigmented, but they can be built up and over a primer they'd look better.

Orchid
Out of all the trios this one is probably the most pigmented.  These colors are very pretty.  You can see how soft the shadows themselves are.

Now onto the 5 pans-
Tease
Most shadows in the 5 pans are pretty well pigmented.  There are a few here and there that would really take some working with, I don't mind that.

Waterworld
I grabbed this palette with the hopes I could use the colors in here for the colors in the ad I saw in Cosmo.  I do not believe they are the exact same colors.  I wish they were.

And I saved my absolute favorite for last-
Lollipop
I LOVE this palette!  The colors are so bright, they are all pigmented, and wore ALL day over primer.  Here's a look I did with this last week:
For some reason my camera could not pick up how vivid these colors are, but they are absolutely beautiful!  I found Lollipop on clearance at Family Dollar for 90 cents!

Have you ever used LA Colors before?  Interested in trying them?  I say go for it-the trios I found at Dollar Tree for $1 each, and I believe Tease and Waterworld were either $1.50 or $2.  These would be a great way to play around with color if you're a neutral gal and don't spend much on other brands.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you, but please, don't spam or link-drop. Have a great day and do come again!