Monday, February 20, 2012

FOTD-2/18

*WARNING*
Naked face pictures are included. They are scary. You have been warned. :)

If you watch me on YouTube or follow me on Twitter you have heard/seen me obsessed with trying Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation.  I finally got my butt to Sephora on Friday to get a sample.  I got 2 different colors:
Rose Ivory

Cream Ivory

The girl at Sephora said she thought Rose Ivory would suit me better, so that is the one I tried on Saturday. 
Here is my face freshly washed and moisturized:
You see the blemishes and some pink and redness.  Now here is after applying the Laura Mercier:
My face isn't completely flawless, but the foundation has given me pretty nice coverage.  Here I am with the rest of my face done:
I've been trying to remember what I used on my eyes, and I think I used some of my Madd Style Cosmetix pigments and my Naked 2 palette.  On my lips is my new favorite, Smashbox gloss in Pout.  And here I am with hair done (I swear my bangs don't look that uneven in person) and my husband wanted to be in the picture, too:

This stuff photographs GREAT, but in person it turned cakey on me, and also made me incredibly shiny.  This really made me sad because I had such high hopes for it.  Good color match, didn't oxidize, didn't break me out, pretty good coverage, and stayed on until I washed it off....but for $42 a bottle and to be cakey AND shiny, I will have to keep looking for that miracle foundation.  Does that even exist?

Have you ever tried Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation?  Do you have a holy grail foundation that does it all-good coverage, doesn't break you out, great price, and performs well?



2 comments:

  1. Good lawd I just LOVE your eye makeup in these photos! Lol. I'm surprised at the coverage this foundation gives, but I'd never be able to wear it with my oily skin. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I have been trying SO HARD to remember exactly what I used! My skin has been dry lately and I switched moisturizers so now it's back to combo. I really wish this would work for me. If it wasn't so expensive I'd buy it anyway. If I was just cakey, or just shiny I would probably go ahead and get it. But both together...it makes me sad.

      Delete

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you, but please, don't spam or link-drop. Have a great day and do come again!