Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving tag!

I was tagged by Kristen at http://www.amodernmrs.com/ in a Thanksgiving survey.  Sounds like fun so let's get started!

A Modern Mrs.
1.Do you have any family traditions? If so, what are they?
Not really.  After dinner is ready we do all gather in the living room withour food and start watching movies.  Usually it's Christmas movies, or maybe James Bond if we can find a marathon.  Then later at night we put up our Christmas tree.

2.What's on the menu this year?
We generally have the same thing every year.  Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits or rolls, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, and stuffing.  And of course pumpkin pie and Cool Whip!

3. Do you watch the Macy's Parade, the football game(s), or both?
I'm always busy cooking the first half of the day so I rarely watch the parade.  We always end up watching football though. 

4.Do you shop on Black Friday? Online or in-store?
I do NOT shop on Black Friday.  I went out once a few years ago, and honestly it wasn't worth it.  This year I am pretty much done with my shopping already so I haven't even looked at the ads.  Black Friday is too scary for me.  No thanks!

5.Have you started decorating for Christmas yet?
Yes we have!  I had my husband put up our outside lights last weekend while the weather was nice.  My daughter and I also got the tree up and decorated this past Wednesday.  I don't do a whole lot of decorating in the house with the pets (especially having a kitten in the house!) because they get messed up or torn down.

6.Share your favorite Thanksgiving picture!
I don't have one.  We stay home together, and half of the time no one even bothers to get dressed.  We eat, watch tv, and laze about. 

If you'd like to do this tag please let me know so I can read it! Or, if you'd like to leave the answers in a comment that'd be awesome, too! 

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear from you, but please, don't spam or link-drop. Have a great day and do come again!